Lentil Chili and Love HandlesPosted: April 28, 2011
Don’t you just love those meals that make planned leftovers that are even better the next day? My go to Lentil Chili, which I found on the Whole Foods recipe page, is exactly that. It reheats nicely and the flavors are even more developed the next night or even 2 nights later. Recipe easily doubled.
Lentil Chili (adapted from Whole Foods Recipes)
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 large bell pepper, chopped (i prefer green, but red, yellow, or orange work just as well)
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt-free chili powder
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package green lentils (about 1 1/8 cups lentils)
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- non-fat greek yogurt
I just love how simple this recipe is. It’s fat free, but with the amount of flavor and how quickly it fills you up, you would never know.
Now on to the love handles! I’m currently multi-tasking by blogging and working on my school work at the same time, but I just took a mini-break and did a 7 min love handle workout by the Tone It Up girls.
It only took 7 mins, but I have so much more energy now and just instantly felt better and more motivated. I’ve been loving all the workouts Tone It Up has been posting, especially to get us ready for bikini season! They’re simple and relatively quick, yet super effective to the point where you can feel the burnnn. Plus, they have great recipes!
Time to get back to my paper, then its off to bed. I’m already thinking about breakfast tomorrow…I’m feelin either protein pancakes or a smoothie. Depends on how many times I hit snooze in the morning 😉 Night!